The dilemma to choose a field of study for higher education is prevalent for students. Engineering and Medical courses are the most popular choices for graduation. But apart from these two, there are many other courses which can be highly rewarding for a profitable and sustainable career. The decision to study any particular course should be solely based on individual choice. Students should be well aware of the available options and not just become a part of the crowd. There are numerous courses for vocational training to study after completing class 12. Similarly, there are many popular Banking courses for certification in different domains. Let’s know more about them one by one.
Top Vocational Training Courses
The Vocational courses provide opportunities to do something different by learning new skills and strive for a career in a particular domain. These are the most job-oriented short-term courses offered by many colleges and universities. The primary focus of vocational training is to enhance the practical skills and help the students connect with the real work environment of any field at a more incredible place. The various categories of courses available in India for vocational training include Commerce, Home Science, Health and Paramedical, Agriculture, Language, Tourism, and Engineering. Some of the top professions after vocational training are:
- Audio Technician: A certified vocational training course in Audio Engineering helps to learn the skills pertaining to the technical side of music and broadcast communications. Audio Technicians are required to handle and operate music equipment and audio tracks. There are any big media houses that offer job opportunities for candidates who are experts in audio technology.
- Game Designer: A Game Designing course is aimed to develop the skill of designing and development of video games. This requires a lot of technical knowledge which includes programming, testing, and debugging. The rise in popularity of video games has increased the demand for game developers. May companies offer a high package for this job profile.
- Forensic Scientist: The vocational training course in Forensic Science is best for those who love to solve mysteries. It acts as a path for an exciting career in various criminal investigation agencies and departments.
There are many other fruitful Vocational courses for job professions such as Pilot, Foreign Language Expert, Event Manager, Catering Manager, Financial Advisor, Air Hostess, etc.
Top Banking Certification Courses
A career in the banking sector can be highly rewarding as banking acts as a backbone of the national economy. This sector is never short of employment opportunities, and candidates who have good knowledge of the various financial processes are constantly hired. The average salary structure in the field of banking ranges from about 5 to 12 LPA. Let’s take a look at some of the popular banking certification courses which can ensure a banking profession with career progression.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA): It is one of the most rigorous certifications for finance and banking professionals. The CFA program is regulated by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute. It comprises three levels which the candidates are required to pass. The roles of CFA professionals in the banking industry are investment banking, portfolio management, equity research, financing, etc. Many investment banks hire candidates with a CFA certification.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP): The course of CFP consists of 100 topics covering insurance, estate planning, retirement planning, bonds, stocks, etc. The candidates need to pass a rigorous test of seven hours at the end of the course. CFP certifications make the banking professionals eligible to work in private banking, retail banking, and wealth management domains.
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM): This course comprises a detailed study about the various factors in the area of risk management. The course structure is periodically updated as per the new trends and changes in the market. An eight-hour test is needed to be passed by the candidates after completing the course to earn the certificate. Banking professionals with FRM certification can work in banks and financial organizations as risk analysts and officers.
Some other famous Banking courses for certification include Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Mutual Fund Counsellor (CMFC), etc.