Terracotta facades are used as decorative frameworks to the buildings, but if taken care of and maintained properly, they prove to be durable and stylish for a long time. Terracotta facades are manufactured by combining clay and other natural assisting materials.
The terracotta facade is the latest innovation in the area of terracotta boards and buildings. However, both belonging to the same family but are distinct from each other. The basic differences between the both are their shape and sizes because of the application of different technologies.
Characteristics of the terracotta facade
1. Water absorption capacity – The terracotta facade is made up of pure clay and various natural ingredients rich in water retention. Since clay has high water absorption and retention capacity if used in its original form without any adulteration or artificial article addition. Moreover, the addition of technology with natural elements enhances its hardness.
2. Wide range of shades – Though the primary ingredient of the terracotta facade is clay, adding different flavors and textures is given different colors and variations. The colors may include Soil Brown, Coffee, Light Red, Charcoal Gray, Natural Red, Coral Red, Medium Gray, Dark Gray, Chocolate, Orange, Dark Red, and Bright Yellow.
3. Variety of shapes – One of the most attractive points about the terracotta facade is the availability in numerous shapes and sizes. The list is endless and still in the process of innovation and restructuring. They may be in the form of cuboids to angular crystals.
4. High cost – The terracotta facades are manufactured by employing the latest technology and expertise of human resources, hence cost the manufacturers a hefty amount. The procedures and methodology used for manufacturing terracotta facades are quite expensive. So, that high cost gets transferred to the buyers of terracotta facades in the form of high prices. However, the charge is entirely compensated with the high-performance that these terracotta facades return.
5. High-performance – Terracotta facades are available in various forms, sizes, shapes, and even the range of prices vary based on the performance and the quality of material used. Besides terracotta facades and terracotta boards, terracotta panels are gaining attention in the market. These panels are also in the form of terracotta facades and use high-quality clay for its manufacturing without adulterating it and not adding any synthetic or low-grade ingredient in it.
6. Expert advice – As mentioned earlier, if terracotta facades are installed and maintained properly by an expert, they proved to be durable and compatible. So, it is advisable to appoint an expert in terracotta facades for the initial installation to maintain the exterior’s beauty for a long time. Professionals require skills and knowledge to prevent future expenses because of the correct installation of terracotta facades.
Besides protecting the building’s basic structure, terracotta facades also add stars to its beauty. Consider and install the right terracotta facades to the building based on the requirement from the building’s outlooks and framework. Make a building more attractive, protective, good-looking, and professional with a touch of terracotta facades to it.