What does hearing the word party bring to your mind? Loud bass songs, trendy dancing, and western clothes. That’s the image that comes to mind. But if you want to change things up, why not try a traditional look without compromising style. Patiala salwar suits are the best pick for these occasions.
Patiala salwar originated from Patiala, Punjab and the attire is the traditional ethnic wear of the state. These suits were preferred by the kings of the land, who wanted something comfortable and at the same time elegant. It’s a ubiquitous fashion, and anyone with a traditional sense would have at least tried the garment once.
What makes Patiala special?
- It has multiple pleats to give it a distinguished style.
- The baggy pleated pants are comfortable and stylish.
- Made with lightweight fabrics, perfect attire for long hours.
- It’s colourful and bright.
- Patiala suit designs are varied and suited for different body shapes.
Patiala salwar has no age limits, google cute kids wearing traditional clothing, and you’ll see why. It can be fitted according to your body shape, and for a simple salwar suit, you can choose the designs, the necklines, etc.
In case you’re planning to get it stitched, make sure to choose the best fabric. What differentiates the attire are the saree-like pleats, hence why you should choose fabrics that give the best pleats. It must be lightweight but durable. Cotton, Georgette, lycra, satin, crepe are the preferred fabrics. Now that we talked about the features let’s get into style.
To start with, let’s go for a traditional Punjabi Patiala suit. It has a pleated bottom, the Patiala salwar worn with short kurtas, and a dupatta. The beautiful pants can be paired with any colour kurti; the dupatta is not compulsory. Wear it in a combo to get into the best style and accessorize it with Jhumkis and other earrings. Earrings are the best-suited accessory for this ethnic wear and lend a gorgeous look to your overall attire. If you’re looking for maximum comfort, try the cotton salwar suit and the silk salwar suit. Both fabrics lend a distinct style to the attire and look beautiful on any body shape.
Another Patiala suit to wear for a party is a Patiala suit with a jacket. It’s practical and traditional. You can wear the suit with a denim jacket for a nice blend of western and ethnic fashion. If you want to go for full ethnic, then wear an embroidered full sleeve or sleeveless tunic with the suit. You can also pair a long tunic with the suit for a more elegant look.
Pair a simple Patiala salwar with a short long-sleeved kurti or a short sleeveless kurti. Contrast the plain salwar with a heavily embroidered kurti. The embroidery can be threadwork, mirror work, or paintings, or mythology scenes. Whatever the design, the salwar will add an elegant look.
To really stand out, stitch Patiala suits in the latest design, keeping in mind the following tips:
- Stitch a beautiful blue, pink, green suit with three fourth sleeves and beadwork; you should use a wide lace trim on the kurti and the dupatta. The charming and elegant design will be perfect for parties and ceremonies; choose a well-suited colour and fabric.
- Stitch a Punjabi Patiala salwar with short kurti and pleated bottoms. The short kurti could be in very bright colours and pair it with net dupattas. The kurti could be embroidered or simple, your wish but pair it with a net dupatta to get that trendy look.
- Pair a stylish Punjabi Patiala suit with a stitched jacket in the same colour as the kurti. Or you could wear a denim jacket over a sleeveless kurti for a blending of ethnic and western fashion. The blended style will help you to stand out. Pair it with accessories and a plaza-style salwar.
- Stitch or buy a Patiala suit with heavy mirror work. Use light colours to bring out the beauty of the mirrors. Pair the suit with a chiffon dupatta and maximum pleated pants. The mirror work will make you the centre of attraction and is a perfect party wear Patiala suit.
- Pair a Punjabi Patiala suit, short kurti in an A-line pattern, with dhoti pants. It’s comfortable, trendy, and fashionable. Use soothing colours like brown, green, dark green, gold, etc. Pair it with a light net dupatta.
- Stitch the kurti with an embroidered net with georgette fabric, full sleeves, and a neckline of your choice. Choose light and soothing colours like light green, light pink, gold, silver, grey, and light purple. Pair it with a net dupatta and pleated pants. It’s trendy and gives you a feminine and gorgeous look. It is an ideal party wear Patiala suit.
- Pair a long sleeveless style, kurti, with buttons with full pleated pants. The colours should be light, and the kurti should be in contrast with the dupatta. For e.g. use a light yellow fabric for the kurti and pair it with a light pink dupatta.
- For the ultimate party wear Patiala suit, stitch the kurti, and the pleated salwar with a dazzling golden fabric. Pair it with a golden net dupatta. The kurti could be plain or sequence studded. The attire is gorgeous, stylish, and chosen by brides as the most beautiful suit.
- Pair a blue border embroidered salwar suit with a light pink embroidered dupatta. The dupatta could be embroidered with pearls, threadwork, or sequence. The more embroidered the dupatta, the more beauty added to your attire.
You could have seen the variety of pants we are recommending. So here are some types of pants you can wear with your salwar suit for a stylish and trendy look.
- Pair a skin-tight kurti with harem pants or a harem salwar. Harem salwar is baggy and tight around the ankles for volume.
- Pair a plain white suit with a printed Patiala salwar.
- Pair a sharara, loose fitted pants, loosely pleated and becomes broader from the waist to the ankles with embroidered kurti. The retro look is going to be a hit at parties.
By now, you already understand what makes Patiala salwar suits one of the most comfortable and trendiest ethnic outfits. Hope this article helps you on your quest to find the best Patiala salwar suits for the parties.