The identification of the BIN of the is very simple. It corresponds to the first 6 numbers on the card. The other numbers that make up the sequence serve to identify the individual account that is linked to that card. Only the last digit is different. It works as a check digit. For this, there is a mathematical formula, called the Luhn algorithm, with which you can find the check digit by playing the remaining digits. Thus, if you do not find the same digit, it is possible to conclude that the card does not have a valid number. Scroll down to test credit card numbers and read more about BIN.
The six numbers that make up the BIN or IIN of a card have important meanings for those who know how to analyze them. Free BIN checker services are also helpful to find BIN. The first digit, for example, is the Principal Industry Identifier. Thus, it indicates the sector of the company that issued the card. According to eHow data:
- Cards beginning with 1 or 2 have been issued by an airline;
- Cards beginning with number 3 are the responsibility of an entertainment or travel company;
- The maximum common cards are the ones initiated by way of numbers 4 or 5, issued by financial establishments;
- Cards beginning with 6 may be issued by means of a financial institution or a retail store;
- When the first quantity is 7, the card is issued by way of the oil enterprise;
- The cards indicated by number 8 are from the telecommunications area;
- And cards that start with 9 or 0 can be issued by other sectors or even by governments.
We have not found more accurate information on the use of these numbers. However, a table, available on the internet, shows the relationship between the beginning of the card number and the flags. Look:
- Visa – starts with number 4;
- Mastercard – starts with the number 5;
- Diners – starts as numbers 301, 305, 36 and 38;
- Link – start with numbers 636368, 438935, 504175, 451416, 636297, 5067, 4576, 4011 and 506699;
- Amex – starts with numbers 34 and 37;
- Aura – starts with the number 50;
- Hipercard – starts with the numbers 38 or 60.
The creator of the table says that it has not been updated since 2013. Also, some of these figures have not been obtained through official sources.
Must Watch Video: Video on Free BIN Checker Online
The other digits that make up the BIN serve to identify the card-issuing institution, as we see above. A finance company can use only one sequence of numbers or many of them. Therefore, there are variations for Platinum or Gold cards for example. The possibilities are many and each company uses this data according to their needs and card categories.
Still, Confused? Try below give steps to check your credit/debit card BIN number.
Step 1: Take out your credit card or debit card of interest right here.
Step 2: Locate the front, long, huge, imprinted quantity at the front facet of the cardboard. It is typically within the centre of the card. Do notice this is Not the expiry date, nor the CVV code on the back of the card.
Step 3: Find the first 6 digit range to find.
So, above we tried to share in-depth detail on how to find your BIN number and What does the BIN number on your credit card mean. Also, we have tried sharing steps to know how to find BIN numbers. If you still have any question in mind feel free to ask.