IoT is important for customized-innovation, data-aided optimization, and automation, R&D and entirely new apps, digital transformation, business models, or revenue streams across all of the sectors. The Internet of Things is the next logical step in the evolution of the Internet and is the continuation of machine-to-machine (M2M) networks and technologies that resides on and extends to M2M, mobile technologies, RFID, and more. IoT has come a long way since its inception and has become more popular for lower costs of sensors and enabling technologies and networks. Cyber Degree Hub is a website that brings desirable information about cyber security courses with specialization in IoT that is the Internet of Things.
What is Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things is a bunch of interrelated computing devices, animals, objects, or human beings, and mechanical and digital machines that are given the unique identifiers and its skill to transfer data over the network without requiring human-2-human (H2H) and human-2-computer (H2C) interaction.
Some of the Top IOT Examples
- Connected appliances and Smart residence security systems
- Wireless inventory trackers and Ultra-high speed wireless internet
- Autonomous farming equipment and Wearable health monitors
- Smart factory equipment and Biometric cyber security scanners
- Shipping container and logistics tracking
There are expected to be more than 50 billion things to be connected to the internet by 2020. With the growing digital technology in the world, as more and more things get connected, there is increasing vulnerability of cyber attack and data theft. The survey indicates that almost 70% of IoT devices contain serious vulnerabilities. As there is growing dependency on the internet, simultaneously there is a challenge evolving to keep the environment secured. The cyber degree hub gives you a lot of information about cyber security courses.
Future of IoT
There is every possibility that IoT will become the most essential part of our life as it connects the different sources of information such as sensors, mobile phones, and cars in a tightly coupled manner. As more and several devices are being connected to the internet, these billions of components get connected to produce, consume and process information in different environments such as logistic applications, factories, and airports, etc. Advantages of IoT
- IoT is used to identify the movement of delivery trucks from a stipulated length of time through a monitoring sensor which helps to track distance and time locations along with other contributing factors.
- IoT can be used in businesses for sending mobile promotions to regular shoppers.
- IoT plays a big role in enhancing the working of vending machines. It enables the vending machines to communicate and monitor inventory levels, and determine pricing, etc.
- It saves money and time, because the tagging and monitoring equipment used in IoT have low-cost.
Online Bachelor’s Program in Cyber Security
The students can have an online bachelor’s degree in cyber security with IoT as a specialization on a part-time basis without face-to-face meetings. This course is given via a Content Management System that includes texts, lectures, and assignments. Some programs also facilitate communication between students and instructors and in some cases; they rely on contact through email or phone. Basing on the online cyber security program, the students might have to complete a final thesis or project before getting a bachelor’s degree. Search more info at cyber degree hub and get industry-oriented details.
Read More: [pii_email_864625849f4d9cdad180]