Not many people are aware that Indonesia has the most number of Islamic followers, making up 12% of the world’s Muslim population. However, it is not as conservative compared to Iran or Saudi Arabia.
Indonesians also love to shop and cool off in shopping malls. In fact, it has one of the highest footprints of shopping malls in Southeast Asia, numbering more than 300 establishments. Perhaps the most famous establishments are Grand Indonesia Mall, Central Park, Pondok Indah Mall, Senayan City, and Kelapa Gading Mall, which is the best alternative if you want to beat Jakarta traffic because it is conveniently located on the north side.
Kelapa Gading Mall offers activities beyond shopping and groceries. You will also easily spot a gaming Arcade in Indonesia where you can bring your kids, have fun, and forget about your problems for a moment.
Speaking of arcades, there are unspoken ethical practices that the players are expected to play. Since the play area is limited, the proper etiquette will ensure that everybody would have their turn on the games.
Here are some of the things you need to know about when playing arcade:
- The machines are not indestructible. While they are designed to withstand the abuse, they can still sustain damage or break down when they are hit with a full force. Smaller children and toddlers are typically the ones who you find playing with wild abandon. However, you also see teenagers who are guilty of this.
- Do not hog the machine. Sure, you have your favourite game, but other players also need their turn. In some arcade shops, you will see some notices advising players to give others a chance. So, even if you have unlimited credits, do not take over the arcade.
- Watch over your kids. There are usually no attendants at the arcade, and they are usually limited to troubleshoot any mechanical problems, refill the coin machine, and the credits on the arcade card. It is the parents and their guardians’ responsibility to make sure their kids, particularly the small ones, are safe.
- Be patient. For advanced players, they should remember that other kids may not be at the same level as them. Some are just learning to manipulate the controls of the arcade machines. Do not rush them or pressure them into finishing their game or learning the nuances of the controls. Lastly, bullying is not allowed in the arcade, resulting in the player being kicked out of the establishment.
- The arcade shop also frowns upon rowdy behavior. While it is perfectly alright to have fun with your friends, make sure you are not disturbing or annoying everybody else. You will notice this with teenagers in groups who sometimes forget that there are other people in the room.
The best part about an arcade zone inside a shopping mall is that parents can finish their errands while the children will avoid boredom. For parents, they should bring their kids to Arcade in Indonesia and take it as an opportunity to teach them life lessons so that they grow up to be better individuals and productive members of society.