Proofreading has been inevitable for Ph.D. graduates. With more and more students actively involved in Ph.D. each year, the growth of Ph.D. proofreading or Dissertation proofreading services have seen an unprecedented high in recent times. If we look at the count, we can identify a spike in the number of Ph.D. proofreading services as compared to the normal editing ones. It indeed is a good indication of the rapid surge in the global education and employment.
While Ph.D. proofreading or dissertation proofreading involves robust editing in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, tonal quality, and more, certain things ensure whether such a service would retain its growth. Let us look at some of those aspects in brief.
- Provision for personal suggestion and feedback – Apart from the regular checks provided by a proofreading service, the one that offers advice and feedback on how to improve your thesis more, is more desirable. It is something that helps both the customer and the service-provider to grow better.
- Availability and punctuality – Since deadlines are imperative for a Ph.D. degree, a proofreading service is expected to reduce turnaround times by always being available to a customer. At the same time, it should also be prompt and punctual in delivering the orders at the right time. It ensures the growth of the service in the first place.
- Affordability – A high-cost service is rarely preferred in the long run. Considering this fact, a proofreading firm should keep their services at an affordable rate to hold the market.
- Additional offers – All proofreading services offer some regular edits. But if one has to stand out from the crowd, the mindset should always be to give something extra. For this, additional services, like reference and layout check, structure check, and clarity check is a great move.
- Academic Compliance – The editing style offered should comply with academic rules and guidelines of all universities & institutes.
- Strict professionalism – Professionalism is the best policy while lending any professional service. Thus, a Ph.D. proofreading firm should maintain authenticity and strict codes of professionalism every time.
- Efficient And qualified professionals – Quality is something that is never to be compromised. For this reason, a proofreading service comprising of experienced professional editors only proves to be reliable. Proficiency in English is a must. Additionally, people look for a team that contains English teachers, professors, or Ph.D. holders.
- Trusted, Ethical and Secure Service – Commitment towards ethical working, professional codes of conduct, and secure storage of materials is what builds up trust. And thesis, being confidential craves for it. Thus, it is essential to maintain the same for a flourishing service.
- Greater Transparency – For a service like proofreading, clients look for greater transparency and full ownership over the finished thesis. Thus a service-provider providing transparent track changes and making corrections visible is always ahead of the race.
- Hassle-free Orders – There’s always a lot of stress involved in a Ph.D. So it’s never a good idea for a service provider to add more woes to their clients with a hectic booking process. An ordering service that is simple, quick, and hassle-free is what a client craves for.
There’s a thin line between correct and perfect. The same is true for ‘growing’ & ‘flourishing.’ So for a Ph.D. proofreading or dissertation proofreading service, this means a lot. Correct management helps you grow, but a perfect one makes you flourish.