A bit of history
The first smart toilet seat was created by the Japanese company TOTO. The Japanese bought the patent from the Americans in the early 1980s. The research was incredibly extensive: the most comfortable water pressure, water temperature, seat shape, and so on. The slogan was quite simple: “Your ass also wants to wash”.
Long after this outbreak, a number of other companies appeared on the market, such as Woodbridge or Brondell Swash toilet. The latter was invented in Tokyo, there were a huge number of toilet beans everywhere, but the instructions were not clear enough for foreigners. Nowadays it is almost impossible to say which of the best smart toilet bowls is really the best, but we will try to figure it out.
Now the technologies have already reached all spheres of human activity. It would seem, how can one make a technologically ordinary trip to the toilet? But here the developers are also in step with the times. In Japan, which, as always, is ahead of the rest of the planet in technology and developments, have long ago invented smart toilets and bidets. Now this phenomenon is spreading more and more on the planet. Now you can find smart toilets anywhere. People buy and install them at home. Let’s find out how they work and what their benefits are.
Smart toilet has additional functions and sensors, which perform a wide range of functions in addition to simple flushing. Some top models even connect to the Internet, so you can broadcast music or use a voice assistant, such as Alexa from Amazon .
The advantages of a smart toilet
Smart toilet not only improves the quality of the bathroom, but also often consumes much less water than usual. This makes them an excellent choice for consumers who care about the environment and those who want to save on utility bills.
They also boast such amenities as self-closing lids and nightstands. These features are ideal for children, the elderly and people with disabilities. Smart toilets are often more compact than traditional ones, which makes them an excellent choice for those who live in a small space as well.
Popular Smart Toilet Features
- Non-contact flushing: The sensor indicates when you move away from the toilet (or when you wave in front of it) for convenient and hygienic flushing.
- Automatic lid: Sensors also know when to raise or lower the lid.
- Seat warmers: Most smart toilets do not just heat the toilet seat, they even allow you to specify exactly which toast you prefer.
- Nightlight: In the dark, you won’t stumble when you have a smart toilet that automatically turns on natural light when it gets dark.
- Jet adjustment: do you prefer a bidet ? Then think about buying a smart toilet such as the WoodBridge Luxury Bidet Toilet (shown here). It has a bidet function that allows you to specify the desired water pressure, temperature and other washing parameters.
- Self-cleaning functions: The smart toilets are equipped with everything from a robotic cleaning arm to ultraviolet light to keep it clean. Models such as the TOTO Washlet G400 integrated toilet are also equipped with deodorant, among other self-cleaning functions.
- Overfill protection: Some smart toilets can help prevent overflowing by preventing you from flushing out when clogged.
- Remote control: the remote control allows you to enter the desired settings and control the smart toilet at the touch of a button. One model with remote access and highest ratings: BioBidet Bliss BB2000.
How to choose?
We can’t decide for you what to choose. The toilet, whether it is smart or ordinary, is a very personal thing, even intimate. It must match not only the size of your bathroom, but also its unique style and color.
Sometimes the existing system is good in itself, so all you need to do is just add accessories. With tools such as LumiLux and Lifferi Bidet you will get either a night light or a nozzle for a more thorough cleaning of the bowl.
If you need an instrument with auto-cleaning and air deodorizer, look out for models such as the UFFU or TOTO. There are many good products on the market that can satisfy even the most demanding customer.
A smart toilet is for those who want to be “greener” and reduce waste. Saving water and energy are essential nowadays, when resources are running out.
Of course, not all toilet bowls are equipped with a smart flush system, when the device can calculate the exact amount of water to be used. But some of them provide partial or full drains.
Some even have a voice controller, but not all of them. It’s a bit different from other smart technologies that we usually use.
As for electricity, of course they need energy to work and give you the good service that you deserve. But here you should pay attention to the item you choose. If there is no outlet in your bathroom and you are not going to change it, you can choose the models that need batteries. You can easily find this information in the instruction manual.
Last but not least, the best options are not cheap, but they will last a long time and there are usually extra parts such as spare parts for Kohler faucets or TOTO parts. For your money, you’ll get good quality and long after-sales service so you’ll be happy with your purchase of the best smart toilet.
If you don’t want to spend a lot of money to buy a smart toilet, that’s the way out. You can buy a toilet bidet combo. This device has many similar functions, costs several times cheaper and is installed on a regular toilet.