If you are an expat living in another country, you know how difficult it can be to get good but not too expensive or restricted travel insurance.
Expat travel insurance is an insurance cover designed specifically for expats who are residing in the European Union. All EU residents who are UK expats up to the age of 89 are eligible for this kind of policy. And travel insurance companies now offer expats the best travel insurance policy in the market, carefully designed keeping in mind the unique needs to expatriated nationals.
Benefits of Expat Travel Insurance
When you buy expat travel insurance, you sign up for a range of benefits:
- Anyone up to the age of 89 who is an expat living in the European Union can avail of this policy.
- Medical coverage for pre-existing conditions is included free of cost as part of this policy. If your condition is not listed on Non Screening Conditions list, all you need to do is make a call to the company’s Medical Screening Service so that your condition can be covered in the event of an emergency.
- If you opt for the Annual Multi Trip expat insurance policy, then you are covered for an unlimited number for trips for the entire year. You can choose an Annual Policy for travel within Europe only or opt for the Worldwide Annual Policy. This policy is available for people up to the age of 79. Additionally, these policies also give expat travelers the option of choosing the duration of their trip. They offer stay durations of 17 days, 31 days, 45 days, 60 days, 90 days and 120 days.
- If you just plan to travel once in a year, travel insurance companies also offer those up to the age of 79 both European as well as Worldwide Single-Trip insurance policy options.
- Hazardous activities such as hot air balloon trips, helicopter rides, trekking, biking, etc., are covered as standard. If you wish to get cover for higher risk activities, then you can include those too, however, you would need to pay extra for that.
- Those who sign on for the expat travel policy also get 24 hour Emergency Medical Assistance.
The premiums of the expat travel policies offered by the companies are not dependent on your country of residence – all EU residents are charged the same premium.
Travel insurance companies do not require you to submit formal documents as proof of residence when you apply for expat travel insurance. The companies do not offer one standard policy for all expats. There are multiple cover options available for expat customers. And if none of the options suit you, you can call or email them, and their customer service team will help you find an ideal solution.