Have you ever felt that you just don’t have enough time for your work? In fact, the average person works about 45 hours a week and about 17 of them are often completely unproductive. Is there a way to become more productive without becoming workaholic? Of course. Follow our advice and you will see the changes very soon.
- Try to start your day in a calm, carefree mood and it will be much easier for you to do the right things and focus on what is really important. It would be better if the first hour or two of each day will not be different. Start your day with some minutes of meditation and work out, make a breakfast and a cup of your favorite tea or coffee, etc. The proper daily routine is very important in order to feel that you are in control of your life and mood. All this reduces stress and anxiety, and therefore makes you able to work. It is proved that the way you start your day greatly affects your ability to work, and a bad mood in the morning forces you to postpone things “for later” at the first opportunity.
- Do not check your email inbox all the time, especially in the mornings. Why is reading the emails such a bad habit? Because usually you start to react to it at once. As a result just a short letter in your inbox, but you are already spending time on someone else’s goals. Instead of planning your day and setting the right priorities, you let someone steal your precious time. If you know that you are really waiting for some important message, you can always turn on the notifications on your device and use email management software like Clean Email.
- Avoid multitasking. Before doing something ask yourself, if it really has to be done or can wait a little. During multitasking, the ability to memorize reduces a lot. A part of a person’s mental energy is expended to complete each of the tasks. The distribution of energy into such parts leads to distraction. When passing from one task to another, consciousness is not completely “switched off” from the first. And in the end you need to spend even more time to finish the tasks or they will not be done properly, which is even worse.
- When you wake up, you should already know what things are waiting for you today, until all sorts of other “urgent” things break into your life. At the end of the working day establish some kind of a ritual as well. Try to end each working day the same way, for example, tidy up your desktop, back up your files to a computer, compile a to-do list and make a plan for the next day. You will have more chances for success if you set clear goals and write them down.
- Unsubscribe from all distracting messages. Each time you pay attention to another spam email that hits your inbox, you become less productive and focused on something really important. To avoid this, it is recommended to unsubscribe from all unwanted emails and marketing newsletters you no longer want to receive. You can do it manually or use an email unsubscribe app to block all unwanted senders and easily opt out from all unnecessary mailings. In case you really need to subscribe to many newsletters and websites updates, you can create a second email account specifically for that purpose and check it once a day. This way you will separate your important work-related messages from personal emails that are not urgent and you can check them later.