The software industry is largely infamous for the monotonous and tedious nature of the jobs they provide. This problem has increased the number of frustrated employees significantly. Statistics indicate that nearly half of the world’s employees are not satisfied with their jobs. Needless to say, the professional life of a person inevitably affects their personal life. If you are frustrated with your current job and are looking for something that is like a breath of fresh air in your tedious work life, then this article is for you.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a fresh approach in the Information Technology industry, that aims at enhancing productivity and ensures continuous product delivery to the market, at the same time wiping out the tedious nature of traditional working methods.
In traditional working methods, the software development and IT operations departments work separately causing a lot of delay in the process of software deployment, increasing the workload on the employees, increasing the number of bugs left to be fixed. The majority of these bugs are caused by the differences in the software development and production environment. All these issues significantly delay the time taken to deliver a product to the market.
DevOps course provides a significant solution to these problems by allowing the integration of software development and operations teams. This allows the departments to work together and solve the various problems together, inculcating the spirit of teamwork among employees. DevOps focuses on the automation of the tedious and repetitive tasks, creating similar production and software environments, regular deploying of the software which allows the workload on both the teams to decrease significantly. The added advantage of DevOps is that it gives more time to the company to focus on innovation and ensures continuous product delivery to the market.
Why should I learn DevOps?
With the advancement of technology, the number and types of jobs in the IT industry have evolved drastically. An employee must update himself or herself with time to ensure that they possess the required skill set as per the demands of the market. Among the plethora of fields and opportunities, the reasons why one should choose DevOps online training are:
- Increased chances of employment: DevOps is an extremely promising career. The demand for DevOps has increased exponentially and most companies are working towards implementing it in their business practices. It is believed that in a few years it would become very difficult for companies to run without DevOps.Therefore, the chances of employment are high in DevOps.
- Less tedious: DevOps focuses on the automation of repetitive and tedious jobs, making the work of employees less tedious and more integrated. This allows the work of the team to be challenging rather than being monotonous and exhausting.
- Room for innovation: Sine DevOps eliminates the time spent on doing repeated tasks by automation of most processes, there is room for innovation, attending to market needs, observing the market patterns, trends, and demands. DevOps gives the time to introduce new changes and/or to customize the product as per the demand, thus paving the way for customer satisfaction, making it a more profitable approach.
- Hype up your career: DevOps allows the integration and collaboration of different departments which will allow you to have a holistic and all-encompassing knowledge of how things work. This also helps the employees to continuously learn different skills which fasten the career growth of an individual.
- Open to all: one of the best things about DevOps is the fact that it is pretty much open to all. Whether you are a software developer or tester or admin, you can learn DevOps and find jobs like automation architect, DevOps evangelist, etc.
- Variety of jobs: DevOps offers a wide variety of jobs, further increasing the scale of employment opportunities in this field. A number of job titles like release manager, product manager, DevOps evangelist, DevOps engineer, etc. come under DevOps.
- Salary: A career in DevOps is considered to be one of the most highly paid jobs in the IT industry all over the world. However, the salary depends on the skills, location, experience, and the company one works in, but a DevOps professional is a very well-paying job nevertheless.
- Right time: DevOps is extremely in demand. Major companies like Netflix, Amazon, etc. have already adopted the DevOps model in their business approach. Statistics show a significant rise in the demand for DevOps and most of the companies are expected to switch to it in the near future. Therefore, now is the right time to learn DevOps and use it to change the course of your career.
DevOps is a revolutionary change in the IT industry. The combination of demand, salary, and a challenging job are perfect for those looking forward to getting rid of the monotonous nature of their current jobs.