Para means deviation and philia means attraction/attracted to. If a person is sexually attracted to unusual objects for minimum 6 months, then he will be diagnosed with paraphilic disorder. There are eight disorders included under paraphilic disorder i.e. voyeuristic disorder, exhibitionistic disorder, frotteuristic disorder, sexual masochism disorder, sexual sadism disorder, pedophilic disorder, fetishistic disorder and transvestic disorder. These disorders are grouped in two categories i.e. “anomalous activity preferences” and “anomalous target preferences”. If the person abducted away from these situations, he may get into anxiety and depression and start using Xanax. Because it is quite approachable so people may buy Zanax 2mg online to get rid of anxiety disorders. Anomalous activity preferences are sub-divided into two groups i.e. courtship disorders that involves irregular courtship behavior (frotteuristic disorder, exhibitionistic disorder and voyeuristic disorder) and algolagnic disorders that involves suffering and pain (sexual masochism and sexual sadism). Anomalous target preferences include target at humans i.e. pedophilic disorder and target at elsewhere i.e. fetishistic disorder and transvestic disorder.
Davison and Neale (2013) defined it as getting aroused by non-genital parts or inanimate objects. It results in uncontrollable urges, fantasies and behaviors due to fetish. Fetish is the object or non-genital body part that is being used for sexual arousal e.g. woman’s undergarments, woman’s shoe. Person having this order has strong sexual urges for fetishes. A case study showed that Ruben reported to his doctor that for him women’s underwear was more attractive than the woman herself. He used to steal underwear for masturbation. As a result he developed depression due to his irregular sexual behaviors which limited his social life. American Psychological Association (2013) states that it is mostly present in males and rarely in females. Following is a list of symptoms associated with fetishistic disorder:
- Having sexual arousal by inanimate objects e.g. undergarments, footwear or clothing.
- Or having sexual arousal by non-genital parts of body e.g. feet, hair or hands.
- The person may touch, smell, hold, taste, and rub himself against fetishes.
- Some of them may hoard fetishes.
Davison and Neale (2013) states pedes is a Greek term used for child (as cited in American Psychological Association). In pedophilic disorder there is persistent, intense and uncontrollable sexual attraction towards child. Child must be at least five years younger whereas the person to be diagnosed with pedophilic disorder should be at least 16 years old. Person will be diagnosed only if sexual urges result in child sexual abuse or distress. Following are its related symptoms:
- Person diagnosed with pedophilic disorder gets sexual satisfaction through sexual contact with child.
- They may experience distressing and strong desire for sexual contact with child.
- They can be involved in child pornography.
- They may touch child’s genitalia.
- They may try to scare child through different acts so that child does not tell his parents. This is common case if the child molester is his family member or trustworthy person.
- Sexual arousal or urge is stronger for child as compared to adult.
American Psychological Association (2013) states that individual to be diagnosed with this order should be at least 18 years old. They have sexual arousal by secretly looking at naked persons. Following are its related symptoms:
- Sexual urge arises when person does not know that he is being observed by voyeur.
- They masturbate while peeping others naked or fantasizing about naked women.
- Voyeur may not get satisfaction if somebody undresses for him.
- There is almost no attempt of have actual sexual behavior with the person who is seen naked.
- Voyeurism becomes only one sexual activity that satisfies the voyeurs (Davison & Neale 2013).
Davison and Neale (2013) states that who exposes his genitals for sexual gratification or arousal can be diagnosed with exhibitionistic disorder. The person experiences distress due to irregular sexual desires/fantasies/urges and impairment in social settings. Following are its symptoms:
- Usually there is no attempt to do actual sexual act with the person; sexual gratification comes from showing genitals to others and the second party is non-consented one.
- Sexual urge is so strong that it becomes compulsion and person does it again and again even at same place as well as time to different strangers.
- They feel sense of unreality while exposing their genitals.
- They may feel guilty after exposing.
- They may report their exhibitionistic behavior as accidental.
American Psychological Association (2013) mentions that at least 6 months of recurrent, intense and sexual urge to touch or rub against strangers (non-consented person) is one of the first diagnostic criteria for frotteuristic disorder. Following are its symptoms:
- Frotteur rubs against women’s breasts, buttocks, thighs or genitals.
- Usually the person is stranger, and attacks occur in crowded areas.
- Frotteur tries to escape afterwards.
A large group of people is affected by various paraphilic disorders. It may incur a severe increase in the level of distress and impairment which may variate from person to person.
Consequently, treatment options may vary, and its medication will also vary from person to person. There are different therapies and different medications or even rarely surgical interventions, as indicated.