A rubber stopper is a product that is used to seal bottles, test tubes, flasks, and other glassware. These stoppers are regarded as essential laboratory products. Rubber is extracted from natural resources as well as it is prepared synthetically to meet the demand. Rubber stoppers are manufactured by natural and synthetic rubber and then processed for different purposes. Rubber stoppers prevent any spillage in the laboratory and withstand the heat as well as avoid chemical reactions. They do not react with chemicals in the test tubes or flasks thus making the bottles and flasks safe.
The rubber stoppers are made up of rubber basically but this rubber can be of different types. There are the following types of rubber used in the manufacturing of rubber stoppers:
- M35 Green (Neoprene) (it is used for the rubber stopper which is used for chemical resistance)
- M18 white natural Gum (The rubber stopper, used during food fermentation)
- Red or White silicon rubber (for temperature resistance)
- Common rubber, hardened by a chemical process
Rubber stoppers of different sizes are available in the market. The size of the rubber stopper depends upon their use. If you are using rubber stoppers to cover test tubes, you will need small-sized rubber stoppers. If you are going to use rubber stoppers for flasks, you will need large sizes of rubber stoppers.
Uses of rubber stoppers
There are the following uses of rubber stoppers:
- They are used in industries to seal the bottles containing different substances and chemicals
- They are an essential need of the pharmaceutical industry for saving medicine containers and syrup bottles
- Rubber stoppers are included in some of the essential products used in the laboratory, they are used to cover and seal flasks, test tubes, bottles, etc.
- Rubber stoppers are used in heavy machinery to hold their parts
- They are also used in homes to cover and seal bottles containing liquids or other substances
Benefits of using rubber stoppers
Rubber stoppers prevent spillage and do not react with the substance in the bottle. If you are using rubber stoppers in the laboratory, to cover a flask containing some chemical, you will not have any fear of spillage or chemical reaction. There are the following benefits of using rubber stoppers:
- Safe use
- No spillage
- No chemical reaction
- Heat resistant
- Keep the bottles. Flasks etc airtight, no entrance of foreign particles
Where to buy
Companies like to offer high-quality rubber stoppers which can be used for different purposes. Currently, eTol is manufacturing following types of rubber stoppers:
- Rubber End Caps
- Rubber Plugs
- Rubber Corks
- Silicone Plugs
- Silicone Stoppers
You can buy customized stoppers from the company if you are not finding the size for your flasks, test tubes etc. Just check the website and order online if you want to buy. Select the product and add it to your cart. You can also check the product before buying, for your satisfaction.