Black Forest cake is filled with layers of chocolates, whipped cream, cherries, and topped with chocolate shavings. So, you see there are many reasons why people fall in love with this delectable beauty. The melt-in-mouth cake is one of the most famous and preferred cakes on different occasions across the world. What’s more? It is super easy to bake at home and that is why we are here with the best eggless Black Forest cake recipe that you are going to love. Without any further ado, let’s get started with the cake recipe.
Chocolate Cake Layer
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 195 grams
- 1 cup granulated white sugar 200 grams
- 1 cup milk 8 oz
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water optional, if needed
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 48 grams
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup canola oil or any flavorless oil 4 oz
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream 16 oz
Chocolate for decorating
Recipe / Instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Filter together flour and cocoa powder in a big bowl. Now add sugar, salt, and baking soda and blend well.
- To make the buttermilk, add one cup milk with white vinegar and put it aside for around five minutes.
- The milk will turn sour and then add vanilla extract and oil to it.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and blend until the two are well joined. Include 2 tbsp of water now if the batter appears to be excessively thick.
- Line two 6*2 inch round containers with parchment paper and grease them with oil. Move batter to these containers.
- Bake the cakes at ! 80 degrees C for around 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While the cakes are in the oven, make the cherry syrup. Put a pan on medium heat and include sugar, water, and cherries. You may include more sugar if utilizing new cherries.
- Let the syrup reach a boiling point and afterward let it stew for 2-3 minutes. Take out the syrup from heat and pour it into a bowl utilizing a sifter. Move the cherries to another bowl and put it aside.
- Make the whipped cream utilizing your hand blender, beat the cream with powdered sugar at medium speed until it forms peaks.
Assemble the cake
- Utilize a peeler to shave the chocolate.
- When the cakes have chilled, cut each cake into 2 layers. You will get up to 4 layers.
- Place the main layer on the turntable. Brush the whole layer totally with the readied cherry syrup.
- Now apply whipped cream and afterward place a few cherries on top if you like.
- Repeat the same with other cake layers as well.
- At last, apply a thick layer of whipped cream on the top layer and furthermore on the sides of the cake.
- Spread chocolate shavings on sides of the cake.
- Pour the remaining whipped cream as rosettes. Top with the left cherries and serve. You can put the cake in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
So, that was the super easy and yummy eggless Black Forest cake recipe that you should try at home. If you can’t bake the cake, then you can order this and many more lip-smacking cakes in Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, or in any other city where you reside. Happy eating! Happy baking!