Are you planning an upcoming celebration or party? Entertaining for many different types of guests can be a struggle – especially if they have dietary requirements such as being lactose intolerant or need to avoid cholesterol.
If you are having guests over who like to stay away from dairy foods or are health conscious, you can cook lots of delicious cholesterol and dairy-free meals by substituting regular cow milk with soy milk.
Soy milk is the most popular cholesterol-free milk option and you can enjoy it every day when including it into your diet. Even though soy milk is low in saturated fat, it still tastes amazing and provides a rich texture. If you’re entertaining guests or looking for a new recipe to cook, here are two delicious recipes that can be made using soy milk:
- Chicken and sweet potato soup
- Garlic cloves (diced) x 2
- Oregano leaves (dried) x½ teaspoon
- Multigrain bread x 4 slices
- Chicken stock (salt-free) x 5 cups
- Sweet potato (cut into small cubes) x 2
- Thyme (fresh) x 4 sprigs
- Large onion (roughly chopped) x 1
- Parsley (fresh) x 2 pinches
- Chicken breast x 2
- Soy milk x 250 ml
- Black pepper x 2 pinches
- Pour chicken stock into a poton high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic, onion, oregano, sweet potato and thyme.
- Add in the pepper.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then take off the heat.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and boil over medium heat.
- Add the parsleyand chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Take off the heat and mix in the soy milk.
- Serve with bread or toast a few minutes before serving.
- Macaroni and cheese
- Leg ham (sliced) x 100 gm
- Macaroni pasta (dried) x 250 gm
- Plain flour x 2 tablespoons
- Broccoli (trimmed) x 250 gm
- Soy cheese (grated) x 100 gm
- Nuttelex spread x 20 gm
- Chives (trimmed and sliced) x 100 gm
- Soy milk x 2 cups
- Fresh parsley x 2 pinches
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grab a baking dish and grease with some spray oil or use baking paper.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once it is cooked, add in the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and pasta and put aside in a bowl.
- Heat another pot and melt the spread.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk while stirring constantly.
- Bring to the boil and cook while whisking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and then stir in the cheese.
- Add in the pepper.
- Add the sauce, ham and onions to the pasta and mix together well.
- Spread it across the baking dish and then bake for 15- 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Before serving, garnish with the parsley.
When you are looking for the best cholesterol-free milk, soy milk is ideal because it helps in keeping your cholesterol levels down and under control!