Before discussing the plan, let us comprehend the definition of the Candida diet. Well, it is a form of diet that makes people avoid drinks and foods, responsible for the overgrowth of Candida. So, if someone is following a good Candida diet plan, he or she has to avoid sugar, gluten, alcohol, and various other products. This diet encourages the consumption of lean proteins, probiotics, healthful fats, and non-starchy vegetables. Thus, if you are thinking of adopting this diet, you are in the right place. We are about to discuss this diet with you.
What is candida?
Candida is nothing but a living species. They live in various parts of our bodies. They are beneficial for digestion as well as absorbing nutrition from food. There are more than 150 species of Candida that are living in our bodies. In case, if these species start to overgrow, they may cause some infection, of which the symptoms are:
- Chronic fatigue
- Recurrent urinary tract infection
- Bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Joint pain
- Anxiety or depression
So, if you notice any of these symptoms, there is a possibility that you are suffering from an infection.
What are some of the foods that you can eat while on a Candida diet?
There are various foods that you can consume once you decide to follow the Candida diet. Well, the best person to guide you for this diet is your doctor as well as your nutritionist. They will provide you with the proper food chart that you can follow. So, here are some of the foods that you can consume if you are following a Candida chart.
- Grass-fed beef
- Wild fish
- Pasteurized poultry that includes chicken
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprouts
- Non Starchy vegetables like onions, zucchini, shallots, and asparagus.
- Nuts like almonds, walnuts, as well as macadamia nuts.
- Olives and olive oils
Some of the foods that you need to avoid while you are on the Candida diet
There are some foods that you need to avoid if you want to make this diet successful. So, here is the list of foods that you need to stay away from during this diet.
- Sweetened foods
- Flour-based foods
- Vinegar such as apple cider vinegar
- Alcohol, especially champagne, beer, hard ciders. To be precise, the food is made of yeast or fermented.
- Fermented foods such as yogurt, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, and various other things.
So, avoid these foods, if you are following the candida diet.
Note: Many health experts say that you can get rid of candida naturally using a right candida diet.
A sample meal plan to help you out
- Breakfast-Eggs and spinach. Saute the spinach in coconut oil.
- Lunch-Shredded breast of turkey with lemon oil vinaigrette.
- Dinner-roasted cauliflower, salmon, zucchini
- Breakfast-Frittata, Asparagus, avocado, cherry tomatoes
- Lunch-Chicken salad with collard greens
- Dinner-Veggie kebabs and steaks
- Breakfast-Chia pudding along with sunflower seeds and berries.
- Lunch-Kale salad
- Dinner-Zucchini noodles, along with meatballs and pasta sauce.
- Breakfast-Pancakes with berries
- Lunch-Veggie frittata, avocado, and spinach salad.
- Dinner-Chicken satay, along with credits.
- Breakfast-Smoothie made up of berries, non-dairy milk, coconut oil, and nut butter.
- Lunch-Tuna niçoise salad
- Dinner-Onions, Sauteed peppers, eggplant, and roasted chicken
- Breakfast-Veggies as well as scrambled eggs.
- Lunch-Chicken soup and a salad of green leaves.
- Dinner-Zucchini boats, made up of ground turkey, and tomato sauce.
- Breakfast-Avocado omelet and salsa.
- Lunch-Turkey patties with cherry tomatoes and broccoli.
- Dinner-Green beans and carrots along with Baked Cod.
So, these are the things that you need to know about the candida diet plan. Also look this useful post to find how to cure candida naturally and permanently from Good wellness tips team.