Normally, clothes are regarding as a piece of clothing that can cover one’s body. However, drama, theatre, movies, books show us that clothing can add an element of magic, whisky, adventure, and fantasy to daily life. One such piece of clothing is the humble yet ravenous cloak. The men’s hooded cloaks and women’s cloaks with hood are fantastic for everyday wear and are greatly showcased and admired in film and books. Why then shy away from using women’s & men’s winter cloak in everyday outfit choices.
Cover the Basics
One can easily get confused between cape, cloak, coat, and poncho. Here’s what you need to know to avoid all confusion.
- They all don’t have sleeves, although some of them may have slits in place of arms.
- Cloaks are generally long – they could be calf or floor length.
- Capes & Ponchos are shorter versions of these. However, a cape can also be referred to as a cloak, sans the hood.
- Capes are often just a fashion statement, whereas cloaks serve a purpose beyond fashion yet are fashionable.
- All of these should not be confused with the Inverness coat – which is commonly seen in worn by Sherlock Holmes in the series of the namesake.
How Can One Style a Piece of Cloak in Everyday Outfits
- Go with a Structured Underlying Clothing – As cloaks generally have no firm structural element, pairing them with more tailored and structured clothing items, they are more adaptable to everyday clothing and styling.
- Style with More Modern Elements – Modern clothing elements such as shoes, accessories, and head styling. By using more modern elements, one can easily get away with ancient-like elements.
- Add on Hats – Hats are naturally apt for an outfit such as a cloak, as they give one the wiggle room needed to be enjoyed as an outfit rather than a costume. By pairing an ancient-looking cloak or a modern winter cloak with hoods along with the street style or sporty vibe hats, they can be adapted to the current times. It is a very chic style that is coming up nowadays.
The Many Benefits of Wearing A Cloak in Everyday Outfit
- They Essentially Go With Everything – Whether you regularly wear skinny jeans, dresses, or regular ol’ jeans, or for that matter even pj’s, a cloak could easily be paired with any one of these. From being paired alongside with more structured out there clothing to structureless late-night supermarket haul clothing, cloaks go with everything. You could easily give the cloaks a structure using belts and fedora.
- Feeling Stylish – One of the famous decade-old films like – ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ has Miranda (Meryl Streep) wearing really chic cloaks and capes that casually flatter all figure types. Wearing cloaks such as the women’s cloak with hood and winter cloak with hood can genuinely make one look stylish and chic at the same time.
- Hiding Away the Paunch – This COVID season has brought about a phase where most of us have been hogging away without much activity. We have grown food babies, and the paunch has grown beyond recognition, obscuring the way one looks. Wearing mens hooded cloak, one can easily hide away the food paunch, taking away the shame of eating to one’s heart’s content.
- Public Approved Blanket – Winter season can be extremely cold in some places, and layering on is the best way to keep one warm from within. Winter cloaks with hoods are one of the best ways to warm up. They are essentially public-approved blankets that are trendy and acceptable for one to wear on a regular basis, as opposed to real blankets.
- Feeling Like a Superhero – If you have dreamed of being a superhero all of your life, then cloaks are the perfect way to get yourself feeling like one. Purchase the best mens hooded cloaks that make you feel the part of a great looking superhero.