After tattooing, the tattoo master has done 50% of the work, and the other 50% will have to be done by you, by properly maintaining the tattoo according to the instructions given in the tattoo studio. A tattoo with proper treatment on average heals in a week. Within those weeks, you will need to wash the tattoo, keep it clean, and apply ointment to speed up the epithelialization of the skin (healing).
Also, if you engage in some activities where you sweat too much, you will need to keep those activities to a minimum. The instructions vary from person to person, depending on which part of the body the tattoo is on and depending on the environment in which the person spends most of the time, such as whether the person works or spends time in dusty conditions, humidity or temperature or office work. work etc. The instructions should be strictly adhered to, otherwise the tattoo when healed will be visibly of poorer quality.
Also read: Non-laser tattoo removal
Tattoo maintenance instructions
Approximately five hours after tattooing, remove the foil from the tattoo and begin the tattoo maintenance treatment as follows.
- wash your hands before any tattoo treatment.
- Wash the tattoo with as warm water as possible and pH neutral shower gel !!! IMPORTANT !!! all old grease should be thoroughly washed off the tattoo.
- then rinse the tattoo with as cold water as possible for a few minutes.
- dry the tattoo by tapping with a paper towel (under no circumstances should you use toilet paper or tissues as a replacement for a paper towel) and apply a thin layer of BEPANTHEN OINTMENT.
- let the tattoo be exposed in the air as much as possible.
This procedure should be applied 5-6 times a day (every 3-4 hours, except while you sleep) for the next week, ie until the tattoo heals.
In some cases, the tattoo needs to be protected with foil (nylon foil in a roll for wrapping food):
- the first 3-4 days and nights when the tattoo is covered with some fabric (clothing or bedding).
- 7 days if you are in contact with dust or dirt, do anti-pollution skincare.
Wearing the foil for too long can cause reddening of the skin, irritation and the appearance of acne, so after each wash and treatment with Bepanthen, the tattoo should be kept exposed in the air for at least fifteen minutes.
During the healing period it is necessary to wear clean and comfortable cotton clothes. After healing, the skin in the area of the tattoo will be wrinkled and dry, this is normal because you accelerated the epithelialization (healing) several times with the above treatment, so do not treat the tattoo with anything (apply Bepanthen, creams or body milk) but let the skin develop on its own. its natural moisture and elasticity.
Until the tattoo heals, note the following:
you must not immerse the tattoo in water. Bathing in a bathtub, pool, river, lake or sea is not allowed 2 weeks after tattooing.
scabs should not be made but the tattoo should be greasy at all times.
dust, oil, alcohol, chemicals and the like must not come on the tattoo.
you must not expose the tattoo to UV radiation (sunbathing, solarium) for 2 weeks after the tattoo.
Avoid intense sweating and sports a week of tattooing.
Avoid using the sauna for 2 weeks after tattooing.