Solar energy is in abundance on Earth which can be captured and used in many different ways. This is one of the best renewable sources of energy and the source of clean energy in the future. It is primarily captured using solar panels using the photovoltaic effect. These panels harness the energy of the sun to help generate electricity.
There are many methods of taking advantage of the energy of the sun, this can be done by photovoltaics or thermal conductors. More people are fine with the idea of using solar energy for heating water as well as generating electricity. This is a renewable energy resource that is likely to be used at a wide scale in the future. This article goes on to explain how solar energy works and several important facts regarding it. It is important for those searching solar panel manufacturers.
How Solar Energy Works?
It is quite common to have tons of questions regarding solar energy prior to implementing it in your house. We have been using solar power in houses for long now. We do this by opening our windows and curtains and letting the sunlight inside. Solar power technology helps one take advantage of the general idea of using solar power and harness the energy using photovoltaic cells on a solar panel. Solar Panels are typically placed on the rooftop to ensure the sun shines on them.
They are placed such that there is no obstruction and the sun shines directly on the panels. These panels help convert sunlight into electricity. The way this works is the solar panels are placed such that they are exposed to the sunlight. The sunlight hits the surface of the photovoltaic cells in the solar panels during the day time. These photovoltaic cells have the ability to capture the energy of the sun and make use of an inverter to convert the current generated (DC) into alternating current (AC). A majority of the household appliances make use of AC.
Important Facts on Solar Energy
Here are some vital facts on solar energy, which every homeowner should be aware of:
- Solar energy offers an unlimited supply of renewable energy and it is one that does not produce any CO2 emission or any other gases for that matter.
- There is no consumption of fuel or usage of any other resource like water or wind.
- This is one of the innovative systems for producing energy from the environment.
- One of the major facts of solar energy is that it does not cost you anything to produce electricity.
- The cost of maintenance of the solar panel system is minor since this type of system usually lasts long.
- Opting for Solar panels does mean an initial investment however there is also a quick return on investment (ROI) since it sets you free from energy bills.
- The installation of this type of system is quite straightforward and flexible too. The panels can be arranged in any method as far as they are facing the sun and there is nothing obstructing the light of the sun.
- Solar energy is one of the most environmentally friendly methods of generating energy. It does not cause any noise pollution which is vital in the urban area
- Solar panels are highly durable and sustain the impact of harsh environmental conditions and extreme weather.
- It gives you more control over the supply of power since the house no longer depended on the energy company for energy supply.
- This is a highly cost-effective method of generating energy.
- Solar water heater suppliers make use of the same concept to heat and store water.